An Inspiring True story of How he Made it back after a devastating Plane crash that left him almost a “VEGETABLE”.

                                                                       Morris Goodman

My Story begins on March 10 1981.This day really changed my whole life.It was a day I would never forget.I crashed an airplane  and ended up in a hospital completely paralyzed.

My spinal Cord was crushed,I broke the first and second cervical vertebrae,my swallowing reflex was destroyed,I couldn’t eat or drink,my diaphragm was destroyed,couldn't breathe,all I could do was blink ma eyes.


The doctors of course said I would be a vegetable the rest of ma life,All I would be able to do is blink ma eyes,that’s the picture they saw of me but I didn't matter what they thought ,the main thing was what I thought ,I pictured myself being a normal person again,walking out of the hospital ,the only thing I had to work with in the hospital was my mind,and once you have your mind you can put things together again .

“I was hooked to a respirator and they said I would never breathe on my own again because my diaphragm was destroyed,but a little voice kept saying to me”Breathe Deeply” breathe deeply,and finally I was weaned from it ,there where at a loss for an explanation.I could not afford to allow anything to come into my mind that would distract me from my goal or vision.



I had set a goal to walk out of the hospital on Christmas and I did ,I walked out of the hospital  on my own two feet.They said it couldn’t be done that’s a day I would never forget.


For people who are sitting out there right now and are hurting ,if I wanted to sum up my life  and sum up for people what they can do in life ,I would sum it up in six words: “Man becomes What he THINKS about”…..

In all these if he could make it out of the hospital defying doctors predictions,and today works free as can be,then what is your excuse?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burning Man Erection Contests Where A mans Erectile resilience (Stiffy) is Tested.

Bare-breasted Women Parade Through New York for Seventh Annual Go Topless Day...